Minutes

Community Council Minutes 7th March 2016

 

Minutes of the meeting of the 7th March 2016.

 

Matters outstanding:

Report from Cllr Geraldine Reffo:

Mackies Hill – work to start repairing the footpath

Pursers Lane opposite the barns – work due to repair footpath by end of March

Sewage overflows – Martyn Warrell raised via Parish Council with Matt Furniss who is Borough Council lead for infrastructure. Matt will raise with Thames Water.

‎Defibrillator: sign agreed to go above defibrillator asking cars to park allowing space for box to open. Howard and Jack from Cycle shop and Lorenzo from pub trained to use. Box will be unlocked to avoid need to get code in an emergency.

Bus schedule. Surrey CC consulting on reducing service to 3 buses a day and none at the weekend. Jim C alerting Lenten Close residents.

 

Treasurers Report: Donation to the Village Hall has been paid also room hire for November, December & January.

 

PPG:         No report this month.

 

Peaslake Summer Fair; Any Village group who wish to be considered a beneficiary of the Village Fair funds should write to Christine Harrison or Michael Urban stating what they require the funds for and agreeing to having a representative on the fair committee.

Applications to be submitted before 4th April 2016 these will be discussed at the April meeting of the PCC.

The PCC is still looking for a Fair Chairperson, If you can assist please contact CH or MU.

 

Bus 25 Service:

The changes proposed are to restrict the Mon-Fri service to at least two services between 9.30-14.45, withdraw the 17.09 Cranleigh to Guildford and 17.30 Guildford to Ewhurst and withdraw the Saturday service. SCC Councilor Keith Taylor said the buses were not used sufficiently to justify the cost.

What to do?

Individuals can complete the online consultation to record their views. Link below.

https://www.surreysays.co.uk/e-i-directorate-programme-group/ltr/supporting_documents/CS3249%20%20Bus%20consultation%20year2_Booklet_Routes.pdf

SPC will discuss this at there next meeting and, if agreed, lodge an objection.

 

Matters for SPC: Pot holes in Hoe Lane, Stones by the War Memorial and Village sign.

 

AOB: Friends of the Hurtwood meeting 7 April, CH asked SPC to assist with the Queens celebration lunch road closure costs, Hall fundraising Quiz 14th May details from Marion Taylor-Cotter,

SPC thanked for clearing the pavement between Rad Lane and Sweet Road.

 

Date of next meeting Monday 4th April 2016 8.15pm.

Community Council Minutes – January 2016

 

Minutes of the PCC meeting of the 4th January 2016.

Following the welcome and wishing all a very happy 2016 it was noted from the last meeting:

That the stream on Ewhurst Green had been cleared, Planning permission for housing on the Pigglets site had been turned down, work had started to try to stop the road flooding by Pursers Lane and Lentean close and lessons on how to use the defibrillator are to be held at Tanyard Hall on the 11 February between 3 & 5pm.

A cheque from the Peaslake Village Community Fund was presented to Christine Harrison on behalf of the Peaslake Visitors and Lunch Group for the Jean Brodie Christmas Lunch.

The PPG reported it was holding a coffee morning on the 9th to view sketches for Peaslake Farm, that still not all of the Hurtwood sale contracts had been signed, and certain Village banks were being damaged by cyclists.

The Treasurer reported that the collection in aid of the Village Hall at the Christmas fair had raised £251.66.

It was decided to top this up out of PCC funds to £300.00 and forward the cheque to the Hall Treasurer.

The Village Hall is seeking donations to assist in refurbishing the Hall, a leaflet is being dropped in letter boxes throughout the Village asking for assistance.

A vote of thanks was noted to Bobby & Sarah Knott for a arranging the excellent entertaining evening from the auditions some months ago until the curtain fell that evening. A real commitment towards the Village.

A thank you also to the WI for providing mince pies, the Villages groups for the refreshments and not forgetting Aaron for the cake.

Mr & Mrs Digby Hulme for there generosity in providing the electricity for the lights on the Village Christmas tree.

The Hurtwood for the Christmas tree, Hugh Miller for the loan of this tractor to collect the tree and Peter Knight, David Colebrook and all there “assistants ” who helped erect the tree and place the lights on it.

Matters for SPC: The condition of the footpath on Pursers Lane between the telephone box and Crest Hill, the ditches beside it and the broken drain on the road, The Parking of vehicles on the bend of Peaslake Lane and Mackies Hill by the school steps, the legality of parking blocking footpaths there, the condition of the footpath there and the danger to pedestrians some with prams who have to walk in the road to get around the vehicles. The ditches by Peaslake Farm were also mentioned.

 

Our next meeting is on the 1st February 2016.

 

 

PCC Minutes – 11th June 2012

 
Peaslake Community Council

Open Forum for Residents.  
 

Minutes of the Meeting of the 11 June 2012.

 

A warm welcomed was extended to all who attended.  Apologies were given from three residents.

Matters arising from the last meeting included a note from SPC saying that Surrey CC are now requiring very detailed information on highway problems. Therefore the Blocked drain on the Ewhurst Road and metal stakes on the footpath by the Hurtwood Inn will have to be resubmitted with more concise positions.

Over the last four weeks regrettably, Peaslake has had a spate of robberies with garden machinery being targeted.  This includes ride on mowers, hedge cutters and chain saws. Two cars were also stolen from a house in Sweet Lane. Consequently please be on the look out for vans or large vehicles in unusual places at night or someone looking over fences during the day. Anything suspicious should be reported to the Police.

 

A thank you also to all who helped put the bunting and flags up prior to the event, it was noted that none of the three prominent Village commercial enterprises put any of there own up but relied on the PCC to do so.

A vote of thanks was given to Christine Harrison and her committee for the splendid four days of Jubilee Celebrations activities with a reported 200 residents attending the “street party” and the Jazz evening being over subscribed. A good number of complements have been received and the feedback appears to be very positive that the events were enjoyed by those attending. Pictures of the event can be viewed and purchased from Brian Simmons =Google  peaslake pics.

The August Bank holiday Village Fair organisation is well under way so please do not forget to put the 29th in your diaries. The Jazz Band and Morris Dancers have been booked.  If you know anyone who might be interested in helping sponsoring the fair please contact Christine.

 

AOB

Brian C. queried the posting of minutes on the website and the software used.

Richard L. mentioned the Hall AGM.

Christine H. reminded residents about the coffee morning at the OSR to raise money for new curtains.

 Lastly untaxed cars left in the village car park.

 

Our next meeting : 2nd July 2012.

By: Michael Urban

Peaslake Community Council Meeting Minutes – 6th Feb 2012

 


Peaslake Community Council

  Open Forum for Residents.

 

Minutes of the Meeting held on the 6th February 2012.

 

Apologies:

 

We had three apologies.

 

Matters outstanding from January:

 

The Daily Telegraph in conjunction with other charities and Lottery Funding are helping Parishes renovate War Memorials in time for 2014.  (100 years since the start of the First World War.) The information was passed on to SPC in the hope that all the Memorials in the parish can be attended to.

 

The Friends of the Hurtwood kind gave flyers to be placed on vehicles showing were the car park is and other helpful information.

 

Village Matters:

 

Christine Harrison gave an outline of the Village Jubilee Celebrations a fuller report on this appears later in this magazine.

Copies of the Village insurance was needed for the road closures in June and August.

It was reported that the Pleaslake calendars had not sold as well as expected

August Village Fair to be discussed at the next meeting.

 

Date of next meeting: Monday 5th March 2012.

 

By: Michael Urban

Peaslake Community Council Minutes – 2nd April

 

Peaslake Community Council

Open Forum for Residents.     

Our meeting on the 2nd of April was well attended and after the customary “Welcome” and apologies the meeting soon started.

 

Residents attending asked the SP councillors present to notify them of any proposed changes or improvements that might be carried out in the Village as soon as they became known. There was also a request that any consultation papers be posted in the usual way both on the SPC notice board and Parish magazine.

 

Residents were also advised to write/email the Parish Clerk if they had a concern in the mean time.

 

Christine outlined the programme for the Queens Jubilee “Village Party” and it was thought it would be a good idea to ask people to clean the village signs on the 26th may in readiness for the following weekend subject to SPC approval.

 

The Allocations for the proceeds of the August Village Fair were voted on with the School and Memorial hall each receiving 40% and the Friends of the Hurtwood receiving the remaining 20%.

 

The date of the next meeting will be Monday 14th May 2012.

 

By: Michael Urban

Peaslake Community Council Minutes – 5th March 2012

Minutes of the Meeting held on the 5th March 2012,

 

Apologies;

We had two apologies

Peaslake Community Council

Open Forum for Residents.                       

 

Matters outstanding from the previous meeting;

 

Friends of the Hurtwood had replied to a request from SPC regarding mountain bikers who do not use permitted exits. Mr. Copping stated that the F of H, intent is to discourage bikes from using the path and encourage them to use the road if they intend entering the village. Mr. Copping also stated we will also continue to keep blocked all “irregular” exits onto the road.

 

Report on matters referred to Shere PC.

 

Erosion of footpaths on Pursers Lane – reported to Surrey County Council but, as you are aware, funding is extremely tight at present.

Kerb stones on the Ewhurst Road – you have received a copy of SCC's observations regarding these.

 

Signpost at the junction of Houndhouse Road and Lawbrook Lane – Parish Council has now agreed to part fund so it is hoped that it will not take too long for SCC/Surrey Hills to erect a sign.

 

Cars parked in Pond Lane – regret, that the Parish Council cannot influence this.

 

Walking Bottom Car Park – an issue for the Friends of the Hurtwood not the Parish Council.

 

Drains Ewhurst Road reported to SCC.

 

Village Matters:

 

With Dr. Keown’s surgery closing in May, there is a card in the Village shop you may like to sign as a thank you for her commitment to the Village.

 

A vote of appreciation was conveyed to SPC for the clearing of the foot paths along Pursers Lane. Some present thought with the way the paths were cleaned with the spoil being left on the verge, might make mowing a little difficult later on in the year.

 

We hope to have a Village  “clean up day” before the Jubilee celebrations, to include washing the various road signs around the Village.

 

The Friends of the Hurtwood AGM is on the 7 April at the Duke of Kent School

 

It was also asked if 30MPH repeater signs could be placed in the Village.

 

The WI would like to plant a tree to celebrate the Jubilee.

 

PCC to write to Rail Track regarding tidying up the area near the level crossing.

 

Date of next meeting,2nd April 2012.

 

By: Michael Urban

Peaslake Community Council Minutes – 7th May 2012

Peaslake Community Council

Open Forum for Residents.            

 

 

Due to the May Bank Holiday our meeting this month was a week later then expected.

 

It was noted that residents had been given assurances from Shere PC that no benches would be placed on council land on Ewhurst Road without proper consultation.

 

SPC had no objections to Residents cleaning the street signs, but due to H&S issues would undertake to clean the road signs such as speed signs.

 

Queens Jubilee: Christine gave a report on the planned event and the road closure will be between 2 pm and 6 pm on Saturday 2nd June.  A Flyer regarding the event had been printed and will be delivered to houses in the next week.

 

The Summer Fair was underway with the “Fair Committee” having already met and drawn up arrangements for the day.

 

Regrettably is was reported that last Wednesday evening it appeared that three “Garden sheds”  in the Village were broken into with gardening equipment such as mowers, strimmers and hedge cutters being stolen.

 

The owners of Quakers kindly wrote to say that Surrey CC had made the map modification order to alter the route at Quakers as shown on the Definitive Map. The owners are happy to continue to keep open the northerly route which has been “deleted” from the Definitive Map.  Notices have been posted by Surrey CC. 

 

Concern was raised over the drainage ditch which runs from the east side of the Ewhurst Road, the foot paths opposite Lentern Close, the footings of the barrier by Lentern Close and the bamboo growing out into the road near the top end of Pursers Lane.

 

Our meeting ended earlier then expected, thus allowing the Peaslake Players to continue their rehearsal without interruptions.

 

Please note our next meeting will be on the 11 June, 

On Monday evening two more properties in Lentern Close had garden equipment stolen.

 

 

 

By: Michael Urban

Minutes of PCC Meeting Oct 1st 2011

Minutes of the Peaslake Community Council Meeting

Monday 3rd October 2011

 

 

Welcome

Michael Urban (Chairman and Parish Councillor) welcomed all the residents who were present.

Those attending:

Marion Taylor-Cotter (Treasurer  & Parish Councillor), Brian Cohen (Parish Councillor), Richard Lewis (Chairman of the Village Hall Committee), Nick Edwards (Secretary of the Badminton Soc.), Anne Heyes, Jim Heyes (Friends of the Hurtwood Representative), Polly Nicholson, James Cobb (School Representative), Kate Edwards, Jane Walters ( WI Representative), Jim Collin, Gill Lucken (Treasurer for the Village Fair) Christine Harrison ( Chairman of Village Fair), Helen Mills, Colin Mills, Karen Clifford, David Clifford, Suzanne Cain.

 

Apologies were sent by Julie Barham and Nick Wells.

 

Treasurer’s Report

Marion said report was the same as last month – nothing outstanding to be paid.

 

Village Summer Fair Report

 

Christine said it was a team effort putting on the fair and thanked all those that had helped. There had been a slight increase in the money raised and this year they had sold out of the 300 programmes that had been produced.

Gill Lucken gave a Financial Summary of the Fair. She then gave cheques to Peaslake School and Peaslake Memorial Hall for £1550.00 and a cheque for £345 to the Friends of the Hurtwood.

Richard Lewis thanked Christine for all her hard work in making the fair a success.

 

Julie Barham on behalf of the Peaslake WI had emailed Michael Urban with regard to the School Field. It was felt that some of the school activities were treading on the toes of other village stalls. The WI and the Village Hall feel that they are losing revenue as the school now has a produce stall and tombola. Christine Harrison suggested that Representatives of the Hall, WI, School and any other interested group meet before the next Fair to discuss these matters.

 

Christmas Evening

Marion Taylor-Cotter said that Bobby Knott has agreed once more to organize this event which will be on Thursday 15th December.

 

 

 

Community Speed Watch

Michael Urban has finally got hold of the Casualty Reduction Officer and they are having a meeting on Wednesday 5th October at 9am.

 

Village Matters and Concerns for the Shere Parish Council

Footpaths and gulleys along Peaslake Lane and Purser’s Lane need attention.

Still waiting for signs for Walking Bottom Car Park.

Can we have new footpath sign at Quaker’s Orchard?

 

A.O.B.

 

Cyclist Helmet Lights

Jim Collin asked about the feedback on his request for information n the cyclist’s helmet lights. No response as yet.

 

Friends of the Hurtwood

Jim Heyes reported that Surrey will not be funding the Hurtwood after 2013 which means that 20% of their funding will disappear. They are trying to raise revenue by increasing the number of Friends (this has already risen from 450 to 550) and they are considering making a charge for parking in Walking Bottom Car Park.

Two activities to mention –

Green and Clean Sunday on the 16th of October

Warfare on the Hurtwood – A Talk by Judy English at the Shere Village Hall on Friday 4th November.

 

Name Change Issue

Brian Cohen raised the matter of changing the name of the Peaslake Community Council. He pointed out that government policy has now made it possible for Parish Councils to change their name to a Community Council if they wish and although Shere has no plans to do this he pointed out that this had been an issue for a number of years. People are confused by the title and often think it is an elected body whereas it fact it is a monthly meeting for residents to air their views and pass on any information regarding clubs and other activities.

It was suggested that residents put forward suggestions for a new name and that it be voted on at the next meeting.

 

Old School Room

Christine Harrison hoped it would be ready by Christmas.

 

The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee June 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th 2012

Christine asked for suggestions as to which would be the best day for a Street Party to celebrate this event and it was decided to choose the Sunday.

 

Next Meeting:  Monday 7th November

Community Council minutes – July 2011

Residents met on the 4th July at the Memorial Hall due to the closure of the old school rooms which are still awaiting renovation.

The predominant subject was the village fair, sourcing road signs for same and the logistics of parking and clearing up after the event.

The Peaslake 2012 calendar is due back from the printers this Friday and expected to sell for £10.

Also discussed was whether the Community Council should change its name to better reflect its purpose.

Our next meeting is Monday the 5th September at the Memorial Hall Peaslake.